Saturday, June 14, 2008

The Here and Now


This might be silly to you, but I did the most wonderful thing this morning. I put my hair in a pontail. It may have taken 10 minutes and 50 bobby pins. It may set a record as the world's smallest ponytail. It may look like a cross between a ping pong ball and something a cat sicked up but I really don't care.
This time last year I was sporting a GI Jane and that was actually an improvement over my previous look, the Uncle Fester. My current hairdo may look ridiculous but it's mine :o) I did not take it out of a box or off a fake styrofoam head and put it on ~ it was already there, and that's the part that makes me oh so happy :o)

So be sure to keep your sense of perspective when life (or the weather) hands you a bad hair day. It could be worse; you could have a "no" hair day. I think I'll go take another peek at the back of my head in the mirror (just one more time...)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yea Jen! It is a step and a great one! :o) Hugs!

Unknown said...

Wow, Jen! Peek and peek and peek some more! That is excellent! :)

~Marisa